Korean Government Scholarship Program is for an undergraduate degree scholarship to provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies in Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between the countries.
1) Scholarship Benefits
(1) Scholarship Period: During Korean Language and Degree Program (5 years)
(2) Scholarship Benefits
- i. Airplane ticket or airfare: The grantees will receive an airplane ticket or be paid an economy class airfare of the shortest route between their country and Korea when they come to Korea, and, thereafter, when they leave Korea after completion of their study.
- ii. Monthly Stipend: 800,000 won per month.
- iii. Tuitions: The tuition fee up to 5 million won is exempted by the Korean Government. Any tuition fees that exceed 5 million won and entrance fees for the first semester are paid by the host university.
- iv. Settlement Allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival.
- v. Repatriation Allowance: 100,000 won upon completion of studies.
- vi. Korean Language Training Expenses: The full costs are paid up to 1 year (NIIED pays directly to the language training institution.
- vii. Medical Insurance: The grantees will be provided with health insurance for major accidents and illnesses during their scholarship period.
- viii. The grantee who has level 5 or higher in TOPIK will receive 100,000 won per month after being enrolled at the university for his/her higher degree.
- i. NIIED does not compensate expenses for the domestic travel both in the grantee’s country and in Korea.
- ii. Airfare for entry into Korea will not be provided to a grantee that has been staying in Korea as of the date of announcement of successful candidates
- iii. NIIED does not compensate expenses for insurance for traveling to and from Korea.
- iv. The medical fee is to be reimbursed through the insurance company to the grantee after she/he pays first. However, the expenses for visits to a dental clinic or chronic disease will not be covered.
- v. Any grantee that quits the program within 3 months after she/he enters Korea, should refund all scholarship; airfare for coming into Korea, settlement allowance, monthly stipend, Korean language training expenses, etc.
- vi. Any grantee who gives up his/her study half way during the scholarship period will not receive airfare and allowance for return to his/her country.